With the holidays right around the corner, I thought it would be a great time to talk about stress and shed some light on how our enjoyment of the holidays can supersede any stress we may experience.
If we accept that a certain degree of stress is inevitable, we immediately relax a little and stop resisting. With less resistance, combined with some stress management techniques, life flows a little easier and we can tap into our enjoyment of events and experiences we participate in – especially around the holidays!
Here are 5 tips to get you through the holidays with more joy than stress!
- Exhale! Rushing to get things done puts undo pressure on ourselves and is a direct cause of stress
- Pace yourself and prioritize. It’s the holiday season and naturally, there is more on your schedule than usual. Some chores and projects can wait until after the holidays and life has settled down – try not to expect too much of yourself beyond enjoying this time of year
- Don’t skip your workout – whether it be running, hitting the gym, yoga, pilates or your meditation practice. Don’t forgo these activities during the holidays, they help you release the physical build-up of daily stress
- Schedule a massage, or acupuncture session at key points throughout the season. Even if it is just one session between the last week of November and mid-December. A massage or acupuncture session will provide you with a reset and boost enabling you to enjoy yourself more fully
- Take an herbal remedy like our De-Stress or Just Chill tincture. These tinctures can calm your system from within, making it easier for you to get through your day and enjoy the holidays
To book a de-stress and reset acupuncture appointment during the holidays with Dr. Christine Cannon, DAOM, L.Ac., Dipl.OM click here, or stop by The Contemporary Herbalist at 533 E. Ohio Ave in West Wash Park to pick up a herbal remedy to help you get through the holidays!